How to be a Parent Volunteer at RAA
- Do I need to sign up through Verified Volunteers this year?
Yes! As we transition to our new system, everyone who plans on volunteering in a classroom or driving on a field trip must sign up. Once you sign up, you will be cleared for two years.
- How much does it cost?
RAA will cover the cost of volunteer screening for all parents and guardians. All others must submit an $18 cash payment with forms submitted to the front office.
- How do I get volunteer clearance?
- Volunteer clearances will now be processed online (www.ncsrisk.org/adventist). Please click on the link or type it in your browser to register and follow the Verified Volunteer Registration Instructions.
- Select the state in which your Conference, Program or University in located: CA-California
- Select your Conference, Program or University: Southeastern California Conference
- I have signed up through Verified Volunteers, what else do I need to do?
- Submit Forms - Please fill out the forms below and drop them off at the school office along with a copy of your current auto insurance. These forms will need to be resubmitted every school year.
- Live Scan (overnight field trips only)
- In order to be cleared for an overnight field trip, you must complete a Live Scan screening. Please pick up your paperwork in the office. There are many Live Scan locations nearby and typically cost about $60. There is no expiration for a Live Scan.
- How far ahead of time should I submit my volunteer clearance request?
We request that you submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to any field trip you plan to attend.