How to be a Parent Volunteer at RAA
- Do I need to sign up through Sterling Volunteers this year?
Yes! Everyone who plans on volunteering in a classroom or driving on a field trip must sign up. Once you sign up, you will be cleared for two years.
If you signed up with Verified Volunteers last year and were cleared that clearance will also last for 2 years, starting at the time in which you were cleared. However, at the beginning of each school year, you'll need to fill out and turn in a new School Volunteer Commitment, a Transportation Information sheet, and provide a current copy of your car insurance card.
- How much does it cost?
RAA will cover the cost of volunteer screening for all parents and guardians. All others must submit an $18 cash payment with forms submitted to the front office.
- How do I get volunteer clearance?
- Volunteer clearances will be processed online (www.ncsrisk.org/adventist). Please click on the link or type it in your browser to register and follow the Sterling Volunteer Registration Instructions.
- Select the state in which your Conference, Program or University in located: CA-California
- Select your Conference, Program or University: Southeastern California Conference
- I have signed up through Sterling Volunteers, what else do I need to do?
- Submit Forms - Please fill out the forms below and drop them off at the school office along with a copy of your current auto insurance. These forms will need to be resubmitted every school year.
- Live Scan (overnight field trips only)
- In order to be cleared for an overnight field trip, you must complete a Live Scan screening. Please pick up your paperwork in the office. There are many Live Scan locations nearby and typically cost about $60. There is no expiration for a Live Scan.
- How far ahead of time should I submit my volunteer clearance request?
We request that you submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to any field trip you plan to attend.